View Single Post
Old 11-26-2013, 01:46 AM
Alwayshappy
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mich1111 (View Post)
Awe, it's okay. This board is so relaxed and the posters are so mature. As a result, we don't care if it goes off topic every once in a while.

As for Chuck/Blair... I thought when he declared his love for her out on the street in Manhattan was one of the best romantic scenes I've ever seen on TV. I loved it. I even liked many aspects of Chuck/Blair in the earlier seasons. I was not a fan of the rape stuff on both Jenny and Serena, sleeping with Jenny, a couple moments with Blair that seemed a bit out of control. However, during the last few episodes of the series, I really bought that they were meant to be together AND especially in the future. I bought that he had changed into a much mature guy who certainly loved his family. I definitely thought both the Dan/Serena and Chuck/Blair endings made sense. Which is why I thought Dan/Blair ever getting together was so ridiculous because you always knew it was going to be those main two pairings. Even throughout the bad writing and storyline moments, I don't think many thought those two pairings were not ending up together. That detour was unnecessary and never going anywhere. I felt sorry for the Dair fans who were manipulated because I really believed that they were. Their pairing never stood a chance in the end and I believe the writers ruined the Dan/Blair friendship too which was even worse than the actual romantic relationship failing for Dair fans. I did buy given what we saw in the future that Dan and Blair were friends again though. I just feel like for Dair fans, they really got screwed because they didn't get to see any friendship rebuild at all.
I must admit that I was a big Dair shipper, since, for a long time, they were the only reason I still watched the show. The writing was very bad, but their dynamic felt fresh, and it felt like the show needed that. I was glad that they got feelings for one another, but at the end of the day I would have been very happy with a good friendship aswell, because they had more in common than you would have thought in the earlier seasons. They share a scene in season 1 that's really great though. They are just sitting in a hallway talking about their parents I think.

That said, I do admit that I always knew that Blair would end up with Chuck anyway. I just hoped Dan would change her a bit, so she would be more likeable in the future. And he did. But it was quite sad that they dumped the Dan/Blair story line so sudden ; and at a certain point they didn't even seem friends anymore, which was sad. I can only hope that they were good friends again in the future. Sorry for going off-topic, lol.
TV shows that I love: Gilmore Girls | Grey's Anatomy | Veronica Mars | Charmed | The Crown | Game of Thrones | Killing Eve | Damages | The Good Wife/The Good Fight | His Dark Materials | Homeland | Brothers & Sisters | The Resident | Everwood | Person of Interest | Fringe | Parenthood | Revenge | Big Little Lies| One Chicago | Everwood | Bones | Big Bang Theory | Marvelous Mrs Maisel | The Good Place | & More.