View Single Post
Old 11-18-2013, 04:26 PM
Camibra
Elite Fan

I wonder if the XBOXone will have similar issues it had with the XBOX360's Red Ring of Death issues with first gen versions of that console or like the PS3's Yellow Light of Death or the PS4's Blue Light of Death? Find out in a few days. If it goes uneventfully that would be nice. This is a thing with first iterations of new consoles of any brand. My release day Wii died less than 12 months with minimal usage... I NEVER buy any console in the first year any more, I wait for the Guinea-Pigs erm - "early-adopters" to weed out the issues so that mine will probably be fine (as is the case for my XBOX360) They redesigned the motherboard to better expel heat also it used half the power of the original release model (heat was the cause of RRoD btw.) It warped the motherboard which cracked the solder of components which means it will not work any more hence RRoD. Same thing for the PS3 with its YLoD. Wonder if this PS4 BLoD is the same thing? Time will tell there too.

We should ALL do the waiting for 'early-adopters' to weed out issues as guinea pigs with updating your smartphone OS and computer OS too. iOS7 for example was full of bugs for a significant portion of those phone users. They should have waited for issues to come up and sit on the sidelines not updating and wait for those to be resolved before updating. With Apple you can not go back to the older version - you can do that with Android though if the latest OS version has 'issues' as iOS7 does. Always bide your time. That is what I have learned.