View Single Post
Old 11-06-2013, 10:29 AM
Imzadi
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBellian (View Post)
For everyone who had a hard time getting into this episode, I understand.

Alexis has always been a supporting player, along with Martha and with even Espo and Ryan and (IMO, especially unfortunately, Lainie since I love her to bits!).

So we got an episode without Castle and Beckett doing their thing (although we did get an moment of Castle sharing with his daughter a patented Castle/Beckett "thing" and his daughter being disturbed enough to say "ewwww." as a result), but for me, it was not only a great case (if a new show was launched about father/daughter crime fighters based on this episode, I wouldn't object simply because the father/daughter bonds combined with the passion for justice intrigued me -- but that's not what Castle is about, so I'm not going to expect things to change on the regular show anytime soon).

This week, Alexis not only got "her" episode, but it was built up on tremendously realistic issues the child of a broken home might have with her dad when she's trying to spread her wings and he's trying to build a safety net that she knows will only hurt her more if she falls because she's seen his pain too many times to count.

For me, it was a delight to see a show that wasn't coated in saccharine begin to address the problem of how people who love each other can still manage to live with each other, because I haven't seen much of that (in the news, in politics, or, most especially, in entertainment) for a very long time, even though, to my mind, that's the question of the ages.
great post and i agree about alexis being the a supportive role most of the times. and lanie too. i wish they would make a case about her. i mean something that we see more of her. i do love lanie and i love the lanie and beckett scenes

the acting from everyone was great in the episode and i also understand that with all the build up around alexis since the beginning of the season they had to make an episode about AND castle to mend their relationship becasue it was kind of breaking. The case itself got really interesting in the end and i liked how it turned out. just like i said I had a harder time to get into it because normally you are thrown into some Castle beckett banter and you just easy into it if you know what i mean

I of course love the caskett scenes but I also understand that it cant be just fluff eventho that would be awesome lol. I also love their cases and everything, maybe I am just not that much of an alexis fan i dont know, but like i said the acting and the case were really good

hey Jerry nice of you to drop by. you can do that more often

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign

Imzadi is offline   Reply With Quote