View Single Post
Old 10-27-2013, 07:43 PM
alertthecorgis
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletCourt (View Post)
Twas nice to hear Tom refer to Sybil and to see little Sybil, but I didn't like the widows/widowers convo very much. Did you know it was the first time that Isobel and Mary had a scene together since Mary and Matthew married? To me that's off.

Yes, very hard to hear that Ireland was no longer an option for him. Also hard to hear that he seems ready to move on.

What did you think of the Jimmy and Ivy scene? Thought it seemed off because suddenly Jimmy is interested in Ivy.

Also, time to clench our hearts next week when Tom's new love interest shows up.
I'm curious. Why didn't you like the scene? Yes, they've never had many scenes with Isobel and Mary. Maybe they've avoided each other because each reminds the other of Matthew too much? I have absolutely no reason for saying that though it makes sense to me. It wouldn't take much for Fellowes to have used that or explained it in some other way. Or maybe it never occurred to him that the viewers would notice?

I didn't catch that he seems ready to move on. Do you mean because he was going through options with Isobel at dinner?

Jimmy has been showing attention to Ivy all this season and I saw this coming though wasn't sure what Ivy's reactions to his advances would be. Was surprised that Mrs. Hughes said she had it coming. What ever happened to Mr. Mason and the farm?

I laughed at Mrs Patmore. Doesn't like modern inventions, but Valentino makes her...what did she say? quiver? And liked the jazz, too.

I already told you what I think of the new love interest...not nearly good enough. (I mean, if they don't care that she looks older than him, they could have got me for nothin')
In a way, that makes it easier for me. I can't write her off in my head more easily.
alertthecorgis is offline   Reply With Quote