View Single Post
Old 10-25-2013, 02:35 PM
Michele22
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by swaythoo (View Post)
And so it begins....

One of the biggest problems of this episode can be summed up in this phrase: too much of the interns. Alright, technically they are now “second years”. Whatever. But they should not be the focus of this show! I feel like the stage is being set for GA to go on for years and years after the original cast leaves (see ER as exhibit A) but here’s the problem. We don’t care about these people! Jackson wasn’t even in this episode. We barely saw April or Owen or Arizona or Bailey! Yet there was plenty of Jo (who, in a wild twist, isn’t my least-favorite anymore), Shane, Stephanie, and Leah. Memo to the writers. No matter how hard you try, these kids aren’t Meredith, Cristina, Alex, Izzie, and George. There. I said it.

- Buddy TV Recap
I agree with all of this. No matter how hard they try the interns will never be what Mer, Cristina, Alex are. Arizona and Callie, Jackson and April may not be originals but they have very strong fan base and as far as I have read fans of those 2 ships are none too happy about these characters being shafted in favour of the interns. They will never have the popularity any of the past or present characters have. And i honesty dont think they can be warmed up to like April and Jackson.