View Single Post
Old 10-03-2013, 01:25 PM
quaist
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnykerr (View Post)
But the fact that this is on the GOP's unwillingness to do what's right will get lost in the shuffle.
If opinion polls are to be believed, the majority of Americans is blaming the current situation on the Republicans right now. Of course, this might change dramatically should the shutdown last much longer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by an idea lives on. (View Post)
This could all be over but Boehner is too afraid of the tea party to bring it to the floor:
I think many Republicans being afraid to risk their careers by speaking up against the Tea Party extremists is the key issure here, yeah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann357 (View Post)
Well Americans should be blaming Congress and the President. Congress hasn't been functioning in the best interest of the citizens in a very long time. When was the last time we had a proper budget? The Presidents rhetoric of not compromising isn't helpful. In my opinion, Washington has totally lost site of their jobs.
Well, Obama wants to get the Affordable Care Act through and isn't willing to cave on that matter, which I can totally relate to. 45 million (I believe) Americans will get the chance to finally have some sort of health insurance -- it is beyond me that the Republicans are willing to cause all that mayhem we're witnessing right now just because they're opposed to the passing of one law. If that's considered a legitimate democratic tool... Nice prospects!