View Single Post
Old 10-02-2013, 06:54 PM
Substance
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Femina (View Post)
Alicia - Unlike most women of our days, and unlike Alicia from S1/S2, she's no longer Alicia, the woman, the wife, the mother and the lawyer. She's merely Alicia, the lawyer. We have no idea what goes inside of her mind. We don't know what she thinks, how she feels, etc. We have now an unidimensional character, lacking depth. And after the fantastic Alicia from S1 and S2, that's just wrong. And very, very bad.
There was a lot of "emotional" Alicia in this episode. She tried to tell Will about the split. She tried to explain why she is leaving. She had second thoughts. She felt horrible about the death row case. I didn't pay much attention to Carey, but if he is the annoying high five dude, Alicia is just as irritated about him as the rest of us.

Quote:
Kalinda - I'm sorry such a great character had S4 as her last season. It's very sad to see Kalinda ending with such an awful arc like the one about her ex-husband.
Umm, what? I've heard nothing but rumours of Archie leaving. According to this, there should be plenty of Kalinda in this season.

Quote:
It would have been great to watch the scenes of Geneva with Kalinda!
Score! But maybe there was a scheduling issue.

Quote:
Diane - We got the usual Diane, but not enough;
After every single TGW episode there has been a person whining that this or this char didn't have enough screen. It's a 42 minute show. I have a feeling Diane's turn comes in the second episode.

Quote:
Will - Something was off with Josh. He wasn't his usual self. Very superficial, sounding a bit fake sometimes.
And that's suitable considering that Will was expecting to get back to dipping Alicia, but the door was once again slammed to his face.

Quote:
Cary - I understand the big ideals he has, about the new firm. I mean the democratic guidelines he wishes to follow. But that's not the right or the best way to be the "new Will and Diane".
New Will and Diane is propably just a sales speech to Alicia. Cary used it once, and as it seemed to work (from his pov), he is using it some more.

Quote:
Robyn - I like her. But not that much. Too much screen time for my taste.
Robyn is fun to watch. When Kalinda gets an idea, her face hardly changes. When Robyn figures something out, clouds make way to the bright rays of light.

Quote:
Eli - I don't think the show needs him any more. I wouldn't miss him at this point of the show. He's done his work. But still, they keep inventing uninteresting ways to keep him the no actual purpose.
As long as Eli makes more promotion speeches like the one we got in the premiere, he can stay forever. This show has a political dimension and at least I happen to like it.

Quote:
Peter - He was himself. Didn't add nothing to the show in terms of content.
The fact that he realized that he is still tempted by the seductive allure of power and that he got rid of Marilyn in order to commit to his marriage with Alicia, what more do you need in one episode?

Quote:
Marilyn - The name is too obvious, and so is the point of this character. Even though I'm not a fan of Melissa George I think she was ok.
They named her Marilyn to amuse people and to underline the fact that she is a threat if media catches attention of her existence in the office. What else should they have named her, Leah-Mariah?

Quote:
It would have been interesting to see Alicia from S1/S2 with this character. But this empty and shallow Alicia... not sure if she even cares!
*sigh* If Alicia would be the same exact person as from four years ago, people would say she hasn't evolved as a character. I feel like people look back to S1 a bit too fondly when it comes to compairing TGW of today to TGW back then.

Quote:
A last note of regret for how the Kings treat their fans. That scene where Alicia asks Cary about Kalinda going with them to the new firm, felt like a punch in the guts! Despicable.
Some fans get offended by anything these days. There might have been a subplot opened there, there might have not been. Would Kalinda say yes if Alicia went to ask her? Just saying...

Our chats on this forum will get more interesting as the season really kicks off. Right now there just isn't that much to talk about.