View Single Post
Old 09-28-2013, 11:37 AM
ElectricHearts
Fan Forum Star

i like this question and answer lol. very me as well LOL! but he's always very poetic with his words in the way he talks

Quote:
Jordan Bach: The first thing I noticed about you is that you’re very cerebral. You think deep thoughts and you’ve got the eloquence to communicate them. Is that a natural Gemini thing or were you once insecure about expressing yourself?

Zachary Quinto: I’ve actually always had an aversion to the idea of “cerebral” because I feel like it can be a limiting adjective. I grant that I tend to be incredibly analytical — and it’s always been a primary goal to understand myself and the world around me in an intellectual way. There were periods of my life in which I didn’t have the confidence to put myself out there as assuredly as I can today. That was a process of self-acceptance and discovery that unfolded over time. I’ve always been outspoken — but confidence doesn’t always equal sensitivity or emotional accessibility. Those things evolve as we do, and I think the best thing any of us can do is be gentle with ourselves. And be specific about the direction in which we want to go in life. I happen to always want to go deeper. Within myself and within my relationships there has to be a channel of communication that remains open and free. The minute we start restricting expression there is bound to be conflict. And my Gemini nature is strong. I’m sure that factors in to some degree.
- See more at: A Conversation With Zachary Quinto | The Bach Book