View Single Post
Old 09-19-2013, 06:48 PM
DigificWriter
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Static Waves (View Post)
You are entitled to your own opinion as well. But its a fact that the writers took a very different road when it came to bringing Hook and Neverland on the show. And I'm not saying the show should have never evolved, it's just very focused on one aspect of the show and forgetting character driven storylines. All we are supposed to care about now is Neverland and whether emma/hook are going to get together. No thanks.

What happened to Regina's redemption storyline? What happened to actual character development? Red was basically marginalized so good on Meghan Ory for finding her own show.
Stories change and evolve; it's just a fact of storytelling, especially in television.

As far as 'things going in a different direction when it came to bringing Hook and Neverland into play', the only thing that truly changed, direction-wise, at least as far as I know, was Meghan's overall role, which is unfortunate only because of how it was handled behind-the-scenes.

With regards to Regina's redemption story, it's still in play as of the end of Season 2, so I'm not sure what your point of complaint on that front is.

As far as character development is concerned, there really isn't any way that they could continue to develop the characters in the same fashion they did in Season 1 beyond what they've already done.

All of this has nothing to do with Regina and Archie, though, so let's move on.

I'm surprised nobody has responded to my comment about the things that seem like they'd be evidence supporting a romance between Regina and Archie actually working against said pairing.
"Two hearts. One happy. One sad." - Thirteenth Doctor