View Single Post
Old 08-25-2013, 01:42 PM
Kelaine
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krista_N (View Post)
yw

About Henry: I can't remember if that scene was in the episode or if it was just a filming picture (+ description), but I remember seeing Henry crying in Emmas arms after she told him about Neal. I'm pretty sure he believes Neal is dead and that makes no sense to me. It's completely ooc for Henry.
I think Henry might have been convinced at first. He's also dealing with Emma, an eyewitness, who believes Neal died. All the adults accept that Neal's dead--and these are adults who, since the curse has broken, Henry has come to trust on their perceptions of what's happening.*

Give him a bit of time to recover. Also, let him hear Tamara and Owen gloat. That will bring out the fighter in him and give him data. I'm guessing Tamara won't be able to resist telling him she sent Neal to FTL.

Look at it from her POV. She believes magic is evil. If she heard anything about the state of FTL, she knows it's a bad place. If she hasn't, she may still believe it's a bad place (either on principle or because Pan fed her false or slanted info). I can't see her resisting telling Henry that's where she sent his father to die (if the subject comes up).

Although I wonder how Owen will react to someone gloating to an eleven year old boy that she killed his father. . . . Could bring back memories.

*Reasons (I'm guessing) they believe Neal's dead:

1. Emma: Still a cynic. Also, may have seen people die of bullet wounds in the past (she seemed certain this was a fatal wound if not treated, so either she knows a fatal bullet wound when she sees one or she was connecting to a bad experience in her past).

2. Rumple: Rumple expects life to kick him in the teeth, especially if it's his fault. He brought magic back to SB, making it possible for the beans to be used (and making it the price/consequence of his actions--unlike the earlier assumption that that was why the border erased the true memories). It also happened as he was about to give into the selfish urge to protect himself by killing his son's son. Doubly his fault.

3. Charming & Snow: Have also seen their share of mortal wounds. Emma's description may have convinced them. Have also led a war and had to deal with reports of the deaths of people they knew while having to move forward with battles. So, they may be taking Emma's description of the wound and Neal falling through the portal and making an accurate conclusion about his survival chances OR they may be in battle mode, accepting the report of a death they can't do anything about and moving onto the immediate crisis.