View Single Post
Old 08-02-2013, 11:21 PM
majesdane
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds44 (View Post)
Wow Impressive.

I just finished my MA in Educational Psychology. I was a teacher for 10 years and went back to school to get my Counseling certification, but I still have to do a 60 day internship that begins in October.
Heh. Thanks. (I think I make it sound a lot more impressive than it actually is, tbh.)

Counseling sounds cool! How'd you get into that?

Quote:
I think it's really hard to find a balance between what you're passionate about and what will benefit you financially in the long run sometimes, esp if it's something more on the creative side, unfortunately. The economy is just so tough right now. But good luck with the writing stuff. It definitely is a good idea to have a backup plan, but I think that pretty much applies to all fields.
So much truth in here bb.

Quote:
Twisty, right now I'm just re-enrolling in community college, but I'm planning to transfer to either a CSU or a UC down the line.
That's awesome!

Quote:
I am just looking for any job that pays
Good luck, bb! I know it's hard.

Quote:
I can't get a job directly in psychology without going further with it, but it could help me look more appealing for other jobs.
Definitely!

Quote:
so it's hard to imagine settling for something that I'm not as into, but I definitely need to get used to the idea sooner rather than later.
I feel you on that. Engineering was never my first choice and NDT was about as far away from stuff I ever wanted to work on when I was in college. But it was the first job I got right out of college and I've already been doing it for 3 years, so I figure I'll stick it out for a bit longer until I can do something that's more in the realm of my interests. It still sucks, though, knowing you didn't get to do what you really wanted to do.

Quote:
We're almost at the end of this thread already.
S T A R D U S T