View Single Post
Old 08-02-2013, 08:35 AM
Tracie76
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadenf (View Post)
I don't think anyone wants Wade to just be there for Zoe whenever. I want her to work for it because she is the one that now owes it to him to show her how much she does love him. I want their relationship to be balanced, whether neither fully has the upper hand.

I want Zoe and Joel to end because although she is content she isn't happy. That doesn't mean she wants to be with Wade but that she realizes that she knew what true happiness was and she will never have that with Joel. Yes, seeing Wade and being around Wade may play into that, but it can't be because of Wade.

I honestly like the idea of him being single and still turning her down at first, because then she actually has to work at it. Her chasing him and proving she wants to be with him shouldn't take half a season because then he is just making himself suffer, but I want it to be long enough that he knows she really wants him for him.
We don't know what is going to happen yet so it is really hard to see the whole picture or too far into the future. The way things stand right now, I have a hard time believing that a single Wade is going to turn Zoe down if she comes to him and wants to be with him. When the show starts he hasn't even come close to moving on. And while he continues the fake relationship with Lemon he is actively doing everything he can to not move on.

So something will have to happen to either piss him off or make him decide that he needs to move on for him to turn Zoe down in my opinion if she comes to him.

I'm fine with him not turning her down. My main thing is that Zoe needs to learn that Wade won't always be there more than him actually not being there, if that makes any sense. It is all in what she thinks and believes. I don't want her to take advantage of him. And if she fears that he has moved on even if he really hasn't then I'm fine. She will act as if he really has and then she'll be more aware. And Wade may not make it too easy. He may hold back because he isn't ready to jump in head first again. And if Zoe thinks that he has feelings for Lemon she won't be in a rush either. That may work to slow them down. And we may get a return of the banter and flirting that we had in S1.