View Single Post
Old 07-31-2013, 02:02 PM
ღfaithfully
Fan Forum Star

I've watched a lot of movies and documentaries on addiction the past couple days and it's crazy. It's like a billion times harder to keep sober than to keep a strict diet (and that's hard too). The withdrawals and everything, especially for something as hard as heroin. It's really hard. Makes people go crazy.

Rehab isn't everything. Rehab is to detox you which is a painful process too. Like what happens after is what's important. You need to get a lot of love and support, you need to not be left alone for 3 months at minimum, you need to see counsellors and therapists, and go to AA meetings and everything. There's a lot of after care that needed to be done. Unfortunately most people surrounding him and even us are only educated about this after this tragedy. I definitely feel people around him, the closest people, should have been more educated about this and not left him alone rather than give him threats and ultimatums and not let him work or whatever.

Cory was probably extremely worried on Friday night after he went out with friends and broke his sobriety. I don't think he drank or did the heroin until he got to his hotel at 2 am. The other one came first with his friends, whether it was drinking or doing heroin together. Because he couldn't have done both out otherwise he'd have died in the clubs. It's the mix of alcohol and the drug that killed him. It wasn't an overdose. I'm 100% positive that Cory knew that mixing the two would be lethal. He's been to rehab. He's very educated on addiction issues. He's not dumb. Now he might have been too drunk and vulnerable to care or he might have intentionally done that because he felt so vulnerable and worried when he broke his sobriety again. Worried what will happen to him when he came home. Him and Lea were gunna move in together officially but she said she won't live with an addict and gave him an ultimatum. He was probably worried about losing her. He was going to go back on Glee but we know from Ryan's interview how worried he was of losing his job and he was probably worried again cuz he'd have to go to rehab for 3 months. Less shooting for Finn. He was probably worried about his public image. He must have been worried and vulnerable about EVERYTHING at that point. So I don't blame him one bit for turning to alcohol/drugs then and even taking his own life away intentionally if that happened. I have a hard time believing it was an accident because he's not dumb and he knows this stuff. And I feel people just say that not to taint his image more but also to not feel responsible. Hollywood, FOX, his parents, everyone would be questioned if it was said it was suicide. So I think that's more saving grace for them.