View Single Post
Old 07-29-2013, 08:35 PM
deep within me
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
A diet for example - you work hard to loose weight, staying away from certain foods. All of a sudden you find yourself in your favorite restaurant where they serve your favorite dessert. A voice inside your head says, "Just try one bite, one bite won't hurt, you deserve it for all your hard work." Your inhibitions give way and you're suddenly scarfing down the entire thing. Then, feeling like a failure, you just say, "What the heck," and eat something else you know you shouldn't. It's then like starting all over to get back on the diet, and it takes time.
The way you said it kinda made us look at addicts in a whole new lights. Not that we were ever judging them or anything but what you said was just perfect. Perfect comparison.

At same time, it made me feel really, really bad for Cory. I mean he obviously struggled with that every single day since he got on them when he was only 12 years old and now he was stuck with addiction disease for rest of his life. And what you just said about mind games and such really broke my heart thinking that's exactly how it happened with him everyday when he tried to fight back.

And you are right that he shouldn't be alone in Vancouver when it brought back bad memories, like with his past and bad environment which is why I never understood why he went there in first place, especially being alone for A WEEK. That's one question that bugged the hell out of me is why was he there for a week knowing that it's a high risk for him to relapse and seeing old buddies who he wasn't supposed to see or even talk to, urgh. I hate this. I hate that he just had to go there knowing the risks and this time, being alone with nobody to stop him.