View Single Post
Old 07-23-2013, 12:46 PM
jediwands
Fan Forum Legend

I actually received my first personal computer back in 1998 when Dawson's Creek first got started! I ended up getting involved with the Internet/television combination in 1998 and Dawson's Creek is the very reason why I eventually searched for a site like Fan Forum. I also lurked for a while at Fan Forum before actually signing up and posting. Looking back, I wish I would have signed up and participated much sooner than my start date.

I watched 90210 and that was the very first teen show that I got into. I watched it weekly with my mom and sister. It was a lot of fun. Dawson's Creek came along and it totally transfixed me. I instantly fell in love with the show and found myself constantly wanting to talk about it. I watched the show weekly with my mom. She was disgusted when Pacey/Joey got together, she really was. She thought it was ridiculous and so horrible to go there. She would continue to watch with me but only to see if finally Pacey/Joey would fall off the face of the earth romantically. She was sickened by the ending of the series too, especially the death of Jen, and of course, the final resolution to the infamous triangle. I was very glad that she watched Everwood with me because that helped her see what a true series that kept up with the quality, never ditching the premise and with a satisfying series finale ending was all about. Oh she loved our Everwood.

Yes, Dawson's Creek was birthed at a perfect time. It had all the elements necessary to be a success. It really did give us Everwood if you think about it. Without Berlanti on Dawson's Creek, he might not have had the experience or desire to create Everwood. I will be thankful for Dawson's Creek as a result. I also will remember Dawson's Creek season 1 as being some of the best television in one season that I've ever seen. Of course, Everwood season 1 kicks its a$$ but it's still pretty good, haha.