View Single Post
Old 07-23-2013, 08:43 AM
Jerry D
Administrator

Yes, Michelle, we always blamed Stupin, and ultimately, he was the one who’s responsible for that disaster because he was the show runner after Kevin Williamson left, but I’m so disappointed that Greg Berlanti came up with the idea for Pacey and Joey. The idea of Pacey and Joey could have appealed to me if it was done right because Josh and Katie did have a lot of chemistry, but the way that they were brought together turned me off to them, and I didn’t warm up to them until Season Six, because by then Dawson and Joey had been so completely destroyed as a couple and as friends that I gave up on them, and even now, I’m still bitter about how everything went down at the end of Season Three.

Kevin Williamson seems to have a habit of walking away from his shows and leaving them in the hands of people that don’t have his gift for storytelling and who change the direction of the show once they take over. He did it with Dawson’s Creek, and now he’s done it again with The Vampire Diaries. In both cases, once he left, the “Soulmate” couple on the show was ruined to accommodate the “Started out as Enemies” couple.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Jerry D is offline   Reply With Quote