View Single Post
Old 07-20-2013, 06:15 AM
Kadre
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fay the Greek (View Post)
Kathryn Lu after her trauma with Sforza, she decided two things, i believe: One never to allow to a husband to hurt her again, physically and emotionally, and to gain power, for not ever again be α "stooge" for anyone, nor her husband. She decided to have her OWN plans, and ambitions, not to be a "pawn" in her father's and Ces ambition, as she said to her mothers also. So, Alf, was perfect. Being his wife, gain power, previleges, became a Duchess. She had control of her fate. On the other hand, Alf was innocent, sweet.. a "clay", for her to concoct him into a man of her Liking. So, she get's everything. A husband that she can control totally, and power as Duchess. SO..BINGO!! THE PERFECT MATE!

Finally...the most AMBIGUOYS part for me in all series...

DOES Rod REALIZES what happens between siblings?? Please, tell me your opinion...I think that 'subconciously" have suspicions, but, he cannot except that in concious...Bec, although Rod has TERRIBLE FLAWS...I think he is a true believer in some point, believes in God, and that he is his "messenger" in earth...so, for him, the siblings relationship, is unthinkable, and chooses to "turn a blind eye"to the truth...
JUST LIKE HE DID WITH THE RIVAL AND HATE BETWEEN JUAN AND CESARE....
Fay, I think that on a subconscious level she might have chosen Alf for all those reasons, but consciously Lu makes a quantum leap IMO related to her personal development between the time she chooses Alf, and that scene at the seating board. When she chose him I think she wanted status, and a good man, and I`m not sure if in that order. Remember, she would have married the painter, who was a second son, if Rod had let her. But a lot happened in between, and it made her see her world, and all the people in it in a new light. It took even longer for her to get out of her denial about Alf, to see the extent of his "wimpy-ness", and realize the peril it put them in. At the seating board she said she would have to have faith in herself, and getting involved in Naples` politics is the first time IMO she really acts on it, starts "playing the game". Which did not turn out too well, but anyway.

About Rod being aware about what`s going on between Ces and Lu; Kim and I just talked about that yesterday in the old thread. Here is what was said. What do you think?

Quote:
Kim:
Kathrin, I also think the conversation where Rodrigo talks about Lucrezia being married to Naples and Cesare to France and that they are two states, one destined to desire the other and be thwarted is also really interesting. Obviously, he is talking about more than two states, but it's telling that their relationship is discussed in terms of political wording and strategy.

Kathrin: He seems to be talking about more than two states, and I have been wondering all along if Rod suspects something, but other than this scene there has never been any indication. Ces certainly looked awfully shocked there for a nanosecond. It is entirely possible for Rod to use the two states as a metaphor to warn Ces off, especially given the turn the conversation then takes with 'and while you are there...find yourself a bride'. But do you think Rod would let him get off the hook so easily?

Kim: It does seem that he is aware that they are too close. There is also that bit when they are talking about Lu having to go through with the public consummation. For just a second, he looks at Cesare just a little too pointedly. I think Rodrigo is a pretty lascivious character and one that is starting to become a bit unsure of his son and the future of the Borgia Dynasty. I'm not sure how far he would actually push it with Cesare.

Last edited by Kadre; 07-20-2013 at 08:44 AM