View Single Post
Old 07-19-2013, 11:13 PM
PhoenixRising
Fan Forum Legend

You're welcome, Christine. Thanks for the title idea.

Okay, everyone. We will have no more of these senseless arguments about whether or not Cesare and Lucrezia are motivated by love or ambition if we cannot discuss these topics respectfully. Arinna and I are the moderators on this board, which means if there are any issues or disagreements between posters, Arinna and I do the moderating and no one else. If anyone has any problems or issues with other posters you PM me or Arinna about it and we will handle the issue and moderate, as is our jobs. You must show restraint regarding typing in caps and making comments that may be too forceful(remember, I said "show restraint," which does not mean that speech and dialogue are disallowed) and try not to make comments that could seem disrespectful or accusatory. It is our job - Arinna and I - to moderate this board. These issues and disagreements must not become personal and must not be posted openly on the board. It is the policy of FF that if you do have disagreements or believe that you are being treated unfairly that you take these issues up with me and Arinna as your moderators. Then we will take the best course of action to resolve the issue fairly, so as no one takes offense or misinterprets anyone's words.

We now have posters saying that they want to leave the board because they no longer find this an hospitable atmosphere to post, which is the opposite of the atmosphere that Arinna and I wanted to promote here. We wanted The Borgias board to be different from other boards in that everyone could feel comfortable posting their views and opinions without excessive moderator interference making posters uncomfortable, while at the same time insuring that dialogue on the board remain friendly and that any disputes or disagreements are resolved with the upmost care and respect for the posters' feelings. We are a board that must remain as united as ever in light of our campaign to have our beloved show return for at least one final television movie broadcast if not a fourth season, and we must not be divided and fighting amongst each other when we should be fighting Showtime.

As for Cesare and Lucrezia being ruled by romance or ambition, remember that they are semi-fictional characters which are not entirely accurate to their historical counterparts. Their motivations are entirely in the hands of the writers, which is why their behavior can sometimes seem ambiguous or contradictory. This is of course, what makes them so fascinating to watch, as they are hardly one-dimensional characters. But they are also complex characters, and Neil Jordan obviously wanted them to spark conversation as well as fandom. So can we please keep such conversation from dividing us and making anyone feel uncomfortable or even mistreated? And I am including everyone on the board in this statement. I will not take anyone's side or say one person is more in the right than another because it is my job to maintain people's right to express their own opinions as long as they stay within the boundaries of respectful behavior and FF rules.

Remember, please come to me or Arinna about any disagreements or issues, and do not try to resolve the issues amongst yourselves. This is not because I believe you are incapable of resolving issues between yourselves, it just means that Arinna and I want to follow fanforum rules. Such issues should be handled in PMs with me or Arinna, and not on the open thread. As I've said countless times, it is very easy for people to misunderstand each other or take things the wrong way online because we cannot see each other's expressions or hear each other's voices. Internet can seem very impersonal at times, and misunderstandings can happen sometimes. So please maintain civility while still feeling free to post your opinions, as long as they are done in a way that is respectful to everyone. And I do mean everyone. Arinna and I are here to moderate and help in any way possible, so please come to us first before attempting to take things on the threads. I do apologize that I haven't been on as much as I should, given my vacation at Comic-Con. I promise that upon my return I will continue my duties and make this board friendly and open to everyone as well as everyone's opinions. I do not want to lose any more posters on this board. We have lost far too much already.

I hope I can do my job to the best of my ability to do right by all of you. This is the Cesare/Lucrezia thread. Let's not make this thread a place of discord. We are lucky in that we have no shipper wars on this board - no rivals for either Cesare or Lucrezia's affections. I felt we were lucky for that, because I've seen what that kind of friction can cause on other boards. But ironically, we just had to find something to have disagreements about, didn't we? And this is about whether or not C/L place each other in priority or their ambition. And most of this was started simply by a conversation about the 'Banquet Of Chestnuts' episode, and whether or not Cesare put family ambition ahead of love for Lucrezia when he agreed to King Ferdinand's demand for Lucrezia and Alfonso's "open consummation." Can we please just understand that the writers are the ones who ultimately decide this, and we simply look through a glass darkly? There are cases to be made for both points of view. Let's not make them become personal and respect each others points of view, okay? And if anyone was in any way offended by my statement or took anything the wrong way, or misunderstood me, please PM me and let me know. I do apologize, as typing is not quite as efficient as speaking in these matters. Let's keep the board the friendly place we intended it to be. Please?