View Single Post
Old 07-02-2013, 04:05 PM
Ace Of Hearts
Master Fan

NEW THREADDDDDD!!!

Quote:
"I think Sawyer was just what Kate needed"
He was. He really truly was. And she was just what he needed too.

JRBudgrl8, now I think I know where we met before in FF! Skaters unite!! LOL

Quote:
You know, as a Skate fan, I never actually felt like we were in the minority until Suliet happened and then all of sudden it was like people that were once on board with Skate were jumping ship and also jumping on the Jate bandwagon. I remember Skate winning every single pole for years and then when they introduced Suliet all of a sudden things changed.
True, Skate had a more vocal fanbase, until the Suliet craze took over. In all honesty though, those people were never real SK fans imo, or at least not for the right reasons. They probably just wanted to be on the winning side and when things seemed to go bad for Skate, they went with the other pairing.

There's no way to explain jumping ships otherwise because all the reasons why Skate were perfect for each other had always been there. Even more so after they went through very similar situations after the separation: trying to move on, living a lie, 'playing house', trying in vain to replace each other with different people, not being able to truly let go etc etc etc. It's ridiculous how much they've always made sense, even when everyone tried to sunk them.

I do think Jate has a bigger online fanbase, but that doesn't bother me, I'm usually with the smaller fanbase anyway. Biggest exception that comes to mind is Veronica Mars (thank you, LoVe!).
visit Buffyverse | icon: ?