View Single Post
Old 06-09-2013, 02:23 PM
airali_glo
Elite Fan

She could take acting classes, in that case...the thing that is fun, in some way, is that when she sings in Smash, playing a character - like Marilyn or Amanda or even just Karen singing her emotions - she CAN act. Look at Public Relations, for example. So I guess her problem is more with simple lines, because when she sings she PLAYS a character, she can to that.

If she could improve her singing - more in a musical theatre style - she could really try Broadway (or off Broadway, also). The dancing skill is already there, the singing too (but it should be focused more on musical theatre style, so it would be just an improvement). There's only the acting left, but she can learn - a lot of people do it.

I think she really wants to sing, doing her own albums and singing as herself (not as a musical character), but the acting is always a thing that "arouse" singers and she's not different in that. Movies had that "glitter" and attractive...

In musical theatre, with the right training, she could blend all those things. But I wonder if the critics she got from Smash couldn't ruin her, in a situation like this. I remember all those "she can't do Broadway, she's a pop singer", I wonder wheter this kind of comments could hunt her even if she seriously decided to take this way. Like "oh, she tries, but she can't do it" - remember that we are talking about Katharine, not Karen who was a well trained musical theater character.