View Single Post
Old 05-25-2013, 03:28 AM
Radames
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walloo <New&Improved> (View Post)
I needed another epi, hell I'd needed even more epis! I hate above all bad writing! And this was bad like I have little seen! Plot holes and rushed to have him fighting with the good guys. When first he acted like he'd joined them and then stole the bean, I was like "yes!" and then he comes back for what? A promise not to be alone? Puhlease! It was too rushed and therefore absolutely not believable. I've seen this kind of turn over with the local bad boy a hundred times, I wished for something more original and a lot less "chick flick".
Since 21 and 22 were part of the same episode the pen-ultimate episode set up Hook's conquest within the final 2 episodes very well. Really while a season finale needs episodes of development to lead up towards, the main episode to really gear up for it is the episode before it.

It showed that he's tired of his revenge, which they said exactly that in the podcast.

His monologue was a very pivotal moment for his character, because it showed that revenge is not really something he wants anymore. He's willing to move on and let it go.

Which separates him from everybody else in the "villain" category because while Regina and Gold have people they would like to change for and look to that as their means of changing. Hook changes for himself which is actually very telling in his character dynamic.

Plus I am also sure Colin's injury really effected the pace of his journey but regardless it would have ended the same. There would have probably been more development.