View Single Post
Old 05-10-2013, 02:57 PM
Packfan
Dedicated Fan

I had another thought, any chance Booth initially goes it alone? We know that they want Reed Diamond's character back, so he'll play some part; maybe the 2 of them, or he figures out what Booth is planning and gets involved somehow? (We're still not sure what role he plays, although I hope he's a good guy).

We know Brennan will be involved, but SN said "Booth will get Pelant ultimately with Brennan's help", the word 'ultimately' for some reason makes me think that it doesn't start out with her helping, but somehow does so in the end.

I'm just thinking that to make it believable, something has to be different if they're going to catch him. He's outsmarted all the people at his IQ level, and to just have him make a mistake at this point would be unbelievable after they've turned him into such a god.

Maybe it would take someone who doesn't think like him, like Booth. Up to this point, Booth has deferred to the squints when it comes to dealing with Pelant, so maybe a different approach would do the trick. Booth isn't stupid, but he's not a genius, and sometimes he has said something that seems so simple, yet its clued the squints into something they didn't see because it was too simple for them.

Besides, we keep getting hit over the head with "Booth is the only one with the skill set to bring Pelant down" statement, so I think it might be headed in this direction. It would also be pretty unbelievable if he and Brennan hatch a plan to go after Pelant without him finding out, considering we've been forced to believe that there is no way Booth could have figured out a way to tell Brennan about why he broke off the engagement.
Packfan is offline   Reply With Quote