View Single Post
Old 05-06-2013, 08:22 PM
Meyers
Dedicated Fan

Okay, I'm amused at myself at the moment. I had started to post that, then changed my mind when I couldn't come up with anything intelligent to say about it... but I guess I hit reply instead of whatever I thought I did, LOL. So, sorry to have posted the link and not added anything to it to even describe what the heck I was posting. But basically, yeah, I thought, I guess this guy negotiated contracts for them -- SOI, probably the Ex shows last summer, probably their official sponsors, etc, but will we really notice any change from then to now? Probably not. Now, if the next person representing them suddenly takes them in another direction, then maybe, but otherwise, we can practically forget they even have representation.

bluecastle, I think that a lot of what IMG is doing for them is more 'behind the scenes' rather than a big public push. That is, they're the ones who negotiate with the tours/shows, and with the sponsors -- Lindt, Acura, RBC, PWC, Kozy Shack. And, obviously, VM do have some public appearances in exchange for these sponsorships -- we've seen the 'skate with the stars' from Kozy Shack contest, there's one from Lindt at the end of the SOI tour, they give talks for PWC... but they're fairly low-key, low publicity events, and maybe that is what VM prefer (I wouldn't know).