View Single Post
Old 05-05-2013, 04:12 AM
crazy_diamond
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
After more than 20 years on telly, it's nice to know that for some actors, things can only get more exciting. "I'm playing a drug addict!" Keeley Hawes reveals, looking rather pleased. The upcoming role will be in Sky Atlantic's remake of Scandi crime drama The Bridge (renamed The Tunnel here). "The body is found chopped in half and put back together on the line of the channel tunnel," she explains.

But back to the drug addict… "Well, I'm a prescription drug addict. I've been stealing morphine from Liz Smith, the nation's grandmother, who is 94, by the way. The silver lining is: I sort of save her."

Having played "quite a bit" of period drama (Upstairs Downstairs, Tipping the Velvet) and "a load of cops" (Spooks, Ashes to Ashes), it's been liberating: "People don't dare to think I would want to play a role like that, so it's been nice." She does still have one policewoman in her, though, a detective in the second series of Line of Duty – but first she'll be David Mitchell's wife in Mitchell & Webb's new comedy Our Men and an Essex girl in West End play Barking in Essex. "It's going to be brilliant," she says of the latter. "Not least because I have an excuse to watch TOWIE."

Recent TV discovery "The Inbetweeners. I saw the film on a flight and laughed so hard I was snotting out of my nose."
Fantasy TV job "Phil Glenister and I used to dream about hosting This Morning, just to see what sort of mess we'd make."
Favourite newsreader "John Suchet. I find him trustworthy."
Earliest TV memory "My mum sitting me down in front of Play School with a bowl of chopped-up apple and cheese."
source