View Single Post
Old 05-03-2013, 02:46 PM
sofiab
Fan Forum Hero

^ Thanks. It seems that Leonard and Zachary are really good friends.

Quote:
PLAYBOY: Let’s talk sequels for a minute. Since you’re doing Star Wars, does that put you out of the running to direct the third Star Trek movie?

ABRAMS: No. I would say it’s a possibility. We’re trying to figure out the next step. But it’s like anything: It all begins with the story.

PLAYBOY: Did Leonard Nimoy or William Shatner drop by the [Into Darkness] set?

ABRAMS: Leonard did. I love him; he’s always a joy. The cast and crew got to applaud him and give a fraction of the thanks he deserves. He’s just an absolute gentleman. Shatner? [sighs] I haven’t spoken with him in a long time, but I did read something where he gave me a fantastic underhanded compliment. Something like our movie was a fun action ride and maybe one day it’ll have heart. A great compliment only to pull the rug out in a way that only Shatner can do. I adore him.
TrekWeb.com - J.J. Abrams on Star Trek XIII, William Shatner and Leonard Nimoy

And this

Quote:
There are plenty of in-jokes and references aimed at fanboys and addicts of the 80 original Star Trek adventures. There’s even a guest appearance by Leonard Nimoy, the original Spock. But the film is shrewdly calculated to appeal to those who are too young – or uninterested – to have heard of the originals.
Star Trek Into Darkness review: A science fiction swashbuckler... Errol Flynn on the final frontier! | Mail Online