View Single Post
Old 04-13-2013, 06:19 PM
Raonaild
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almeida's Army (View Post)
Thoroughly enjoyed that. Gripped from start to finish. Loved it and a vast improvement on last weeks terrible episode. That was truly awful, so to have such a strong episode on the back of it, makes me very happy indeed. Looking forward to next weeks
It's funny, but I thought this was one of the weaker eps. It was all atmosphere without a lot of plot.

As I watched it, I kept thinking that it must have been miserable to make this episode with all that dripping water. They must've been soaked and cold for most of the shoot.

The HADS bit I thought was funny, but I recognized what it was as soon as it happened. This ep seemed to have a Second Doctor theme, because the HADS and the Ice Warriors first appeared in that era. And last week had a bit of a First Doctor theme, with a reference to Susan and the fact that the god was nicknamed Grandfather. I'll be watching for Third Doctor references next week.

The best part was Nicholas Briggs has yet another Doctor Who alien voice notch on his belt. I've heard him do the Ice Warriors before, it sounded a lot more conventional than some other times he's done it (a lot more ssss's and whispering).
Raonaild is offline   Reply With Quote