View Single Post
Old 03-30-2013, 08:17 AM
*Babi*
Master Fan

As far as I understand she'll co-produce both shows. TVD with Caroline Dries and TO with Michael Narducci. She won't be full time in any. I just hope she spends more time in TVD than in TO. She'll be the boss, the last word will belong to her in both instances, but I do hope she learns from her mistakes.
I think season four improved a lot of things, it's just the arcs they chose to develop that are terrible.
But they acknowledged some of the ridiculous things they did in the past, even if only by having some of the characters to voice them - it's not like she could have done anything to change them.

So I think she's realizing that some mistakes shouldn't be done in the future.
In the past I thought the main problem was how stupid they thought we were by making the characters react in ways that no one would. It was their fan pandering making the unlikeable possible.
Now I think it's just plain bad writing. the sire bond story was lame and bad executed. Elena with her humanity off is a terrible story, but those don't conflict with our intelligence.
It's stupid, but it doesn't come from a place where they assume we are stupid.
I still think she's terrible, but I guess she is making slow progress. The problem is she already messed up with TVD. She already wrote herself in certain corners that she shouldn't.

I also think she's becoming 'braver' about facing the backlash. Therapy must be helping. I think she'll approach TO in a different way and I even suspect the reason why she's getting rid of certain characters in TVD and will basically have a do-over next season is because she wants to change some thing in TVD as well. As she can't exactly change the past bad decisions, she'll try a new scenery, new characters and see if she doesn't mess up so badly now.
It'll always have fan pandering when it comes to JP, but maybe she's finally trying to learn the art of subtlety? One can only only and pray for the best.
x

Last edited by *Babi*; 03-30-2013 at 08:23 AM