View Single Post
Old 03-26-2013, 05:32 PM
ollibear
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerfan714 (View Post)
Oh, please.

That's just Weiss not taking ownership for her own bad writing choices for Emmett.
The funny thing is that I fully believe Lizzy Weiss had Emmett's cheating planned from the get-go. I remember distinctly in episode 1x05 (Dogs Playing Poker) that Emmett said to Daphne and Toby, "I don't cheat."

Emmett did not sign many lines about himself. That is one of the ONLY direct statements he ever made about his own character. It is too big of a coincidence for Emmett to make that proclamation, and then, the writers choose to fly in the face of it and have him cheat. The writers knew from the beginning. That was meant to be a bit of dramatic irony on their part.

It does ring true, though.

In my own life, I always said I would never own a Ford. When it was time for me to purchase my first car, what did I choose but a Ford Explorer?

Also, I made fun of a liberal arts college that my ex-boyfriend attended, and yet, when it was finally time for me to earn my Bachelor's Degree, where did I decide to go? The same college he had attended (but dropped out). And you know what? Out of the seven colleges I have attended in my lifetime, it ended up being the VERY best one of them all. Life is funny like that.