View Single Post
Old 03-25-2013, 04:09 AM
Koda
Absolute Fan

I think in August's case it's also very much debatable whether or not being turned into a 10 year old boy is really a happy ending. I'm not sure if I would want to be brought back to life like that, having no memory of the life I used to lead, the people I used to know. It's nice for Gepetto because he'll get another chance to raise the boy he had to send through the wardrobe in the Enchanted Forest, but I don't know if that's what adult August had in mind when he imagined atonement and becoming a better person again. Turning an adult man back into a child is just squicky to me and I could completely understand why Nealfire refused when Rumple offered to do the same to him a couple of episodes back.

I'm not sure I understand why the Blue Fairy could turn him back into the "real boy" Pinocchio and it's indeed not possible to save someone else in similar ways, but I suppose it's one of those things the show is not going to explain and we're just meant to believe that it comes down to the fact that August is Pinocchio, who was originally made of wood and only brought to live thanks to the Blue Fairy. But like I said, even if something like this had been an option for Daniel, I don't know if him being turned into a boy and/or losing part of his memory would have been such a great thing. It definitely still sucks that no one even tried to help him and Regina, though.
Rina ↳ [Tumblr || Art || Icons]
alycia debnam-carey & eliza taylor |