View Single Post
Old 03-20-2013, 02:21 AM
Miss Cam
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaybeLove. (View Post)
This is hard. But I think I will go with #12. It is more about Emma then Snow/Charming.
Yeah, I agree. Plus it's not just happy, there are some other undertones there as well.

#12 - 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by someassemblyrequired (View Post)
I remember Fringe being defined as being "about love strong enough to break the universe and strong enough to heal it", which also works for Snow/Charming and the Charmings in some respects. Their love is what is going to solve the problems they're facing now.

My friend and I realised that most, if not all, of the 44 different shows we have watched over the past five years have a strong female lead. The fact neither of us noticed it until now is a little concerning really! The death/destruction/attempted lobotomies of Fringe, we don't need to see those. People's heads exploding? Not so much. People we love being shot? Really not so much. The adorable fluffy bits and ass kicking? Hell yes.
Yes. I think love is a very strong theme in both Fringe and OUAT in general, as well as with the main couples in both of them. (Since arguably, Snow and Charming are exactly that, though of course not the only couple by far.) I certainly hope love will be part of what helps Mary Margaret learn to live with what she's done without going down the slippery slope too much, and I think it will. It's brought her back from a darker path before in 1x16, after all. Love is strength, says the show.

44 different shows? You and your friend have been busy! But yeah, I've noticed that strong female characters tend to be something I am drawn to in what I watch as well. OUAT, oh yes. Fringe? Yep. Nikita? Yep. BSG? Yep. Etc etc etc. The element of cute seems to be something I am drawn to as well, heh. I just like the combination of kicking ass and cute, I guess! (And Snow and Charming are postercouple for that!)