View Single Post
Old 03-01-2013, 03:25 PM
Azar443
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercia12591 (View Post)
Hi Guys,

So I just read the respective endings of FIRELORD and MISTS OF AVALON...wow, just wow!

I mean I've read both books countless times before, but it never fails to touch me. Arthur and Morgana are just so heartbreakingly perfect for one another and in both these books they get their Avalon...as it should be.

I've been playing with the idea of writing a version of the Arthurian legend, but after re-reading those endings I'll spare myself major embarrassment an leave it. I could never match that poignancy and Arthur and Morgana deserve no less.
I've just started on Firelord, hopefully I'll get it done by next week. Lol but yeah, Mists of Avalon's ending is just way too bittersweet. I know what you mean, Mercia. Every time I read anything about the two of them, I'm like 'why aren't they together? Why does everyone want to pull them apart so much?' and they should get Avalon! Merlin's TPTB cheated us out of an epic ending! Because like the snippets you found said, death just surpasses everything in life and meeting in Avalon after Arthur's death makes it all the more eternal. And I'm ranting again,

Hey I'd be glad to read any rewrites you come up with. I think there aren't enough stories that focus on ArMor. And who knows, the rewrites may come out fab. Like Arya's Legend of Albion.