View Single Post
Old 02-26-2013, 09:46 AM
scorpio_chick
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrixusHeart (View Post)
I feel ya. But, I do think showing that Naevia is not magically healed just because she got revenge on Ashur is realistic to what happens in real life. One act does not suddenly make PTSD victims suddenly whole. And once she told the story of the kind master with the tools - there's no telling what kind of psychotic break she had as she endured that. It's a wonder she's not entirely shut down babbling to herslf in a corner or trying to kill people in her own camp. It's unfortunate that because of all the Naevia haters from the very beginning, then the change of actress hate, and then the CAR hate, that some fans find it harder to sympathize (NOT SAYING CONDONE) Naevia 's behavior.
Oh, I agree. I wasn't expecting her to be completely healed/healthy. But also, don't like that she is so consumed with killing Romans and nothing more. She's pretty one note and that is my biggest complaint. I've said I preferred the Naevia from last season over this one and that is because we saw a range of emotions from her. Sure she was traumatized but we still got some lighthearted moments, moments of sanity, vulnerable, romantic moments between her and Crixus. We've had very little, if any, of that this season and seemingly, because it doesn't serve the plot.

It's funny though because I have heard some complain that there has been too much focus on Crixus and Naevia. lol They are definitely front and center, I just wish there were more to their story/dynamic.
scorpio_chick is offline   Reply With Quote