View Single Post
Old 02-20-2013, 08:13 PM
L i N d $ @ y
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Hello.

One million children need your help. Please take action to ensure that no child in Europe has to grow up in an institution.

We want to make sure every child in Europe can grow up in a caring family environment. This is why the petition calls on the European Parliament, Council and Commission to ensure that European Union structural funds are used for the transition from institutional to family and community-based services.

Why is this important?
In the past, European Union funds have been used for renovating existing institutions, or building new ones. This prolongs the time children have to live this way. Institutions deny children individual love and care and can damage their brain development. We need to make sure these vital funds are instead used to develop family and community-based services for children.

Why now?
As you read this, a crucial process is taking place in Europe: the funding that the European Union will provide for health, education and social services for the next seven years is currently being negotiated. This is a key moment to put pressure on European decision-makers to ensure this money is spent on the services children need so they can be looked after in caring family environments. Please sign the petition today Get Involved | Lumos

How else can I help?
Please email your friends and family to tell them about the petition by sending them this link Get Involved | Lumos or share it on Facebook or Twitter. The more people who sign this petition, the more powerful our message to the European Union will be.

There are one million children missing from our communities, hidden away in institutions. Help us bring them home.

Thank you for your support.
Re-posting again for those who want to help: Get Involved | Lumos - JK Rowling is the founder of Lumos

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.