View Single Post
Old 02-11-2013, 08:38 PM
Charmed Slayer Angel
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WileyDairyGnome (View Post)
Thanks, I'm glad to have been able to contribute to my favourite character's app. thread.
You're very welcome Thanks for offering to make those banners

Thought you guys might find this interesting. There's this Buffy novel called "Dark Congress" by Christopher Golden ,and he brought Tara back in it! I found this interview with him, and he had this to say about the book

Quote:
First, thanks so much for the trust that many of you have in me. It means a great deal. Second, regarding Tara...she is not a ghost or a dream. Normally I would keep this sort of thing very much a secret, but the last thing I want to do is mislead anyone, so let me be clear...

I wanted closure. I know a lot of you did as well. I desired a proper farewell for one of the most realistic couples I've ever seen on television, and I don't believe they had that. At one point in DARK CONGRESS, I refer to the correction of a cosmic error. That should make my feelings on the subject fairly clear.

Now, the only way the Powers That Be would allow me to include this subplot in the novel was if I put the genie back in the bottle at the end. Truth be told, I didn't mind that much. As I said, all I wanted was a proper farewell. In the context of the story--the various plot threads of DARK CONGRESS--I think it works well. You'll all have to judge for yourselves whether or not you agree.

But I will say this, regarding the post from helpfulinformationperhaps. Tara *isn't* back to stay. Let's be clear on that. That wasn't up to me. Fair warning. If that troubles you, I honestly do understand, and I'd advise you to steer clear of this book. But a lot of us haven't made our peace with the way the character was eliminated, or the way her death was dealt with by the characters in the aftermath.

However, I take deep offense to the suggestion that I've created this story to draw in Tara fans in some sadistic ploy, just to hurt them, or as hype to drive sales. I don't get any royalties on this book. I've been paid. If it sells one copy, or one million copies, it doesn't make any difference, finanancially, to me. I included this element in DARK CONGRESS because, if I was going to write another Buffy book after more than four years away--likely the last I'll ever write any of these characters--I didn't want to do it without the relationship that, to me, became the emotional heart of the series.

So there you have it. Cards on the table. For those of you who read it, I hope I've done you proud.
Damn it, it's not fair that she doesn't get to stay!
It's taken me all this time to find out what I need