View Single Post
Old 02-02-2013, 04:24 PM
bonnie51
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewelstone (View Post)
Everyone on this show has manipulated someone else for their own purposes. Is everyone a bad guy?
I don't see good guys and bad guys, I see a bunch of selfish people doing whatever it takes to get what they want. I also see no difference between Shane sacrificing a bunch of people to get his family back (if that is what he's doing) and Jeremy killing thousands of vampires to get a cure for his sister. Depending on how they look at it, Jeremy could even be seen as worse than Shane.
not everyone has had 12 people sacrificed or convinced the council members to blow themselves up, without knowing for certain that Silas is even going to bother to bring them back. or bring up the fact that when someone's mad at you and you're not getting your way you bring up a painful memory of a loved one dead and gone.

And yes, I'd say most of the characters on the show aren't really heroes or heroines.

Which is fine. It makes it more lifelike since most people operate in that murky ground and area...

but Shane having the hybrids get slaughtered and having the council blow themselves up, taking away people's parents and loved ones all because you want yours back? yes, that makes him worse to me.

Elena's selfish. She does whatever she can to get what she wants. as does Damon/Stefan. But IMO, Shane is as bad as them. He manipulates without a thought to the people he hurts.

I love the actor. The actors does a marvelous job at pulling it off and deserves praise for that.

and no, I don't see Jeremy being worse than Shane. Simply because, was Kol trying to kill him when he killed Kol? Yes, because they didn't have the plan to kill him until AFTER Kol compelled Damon to kill Jeremy and wiped out the vampires that Klaus had made for Jeremy to kill. That's after the fact.

The council hadn't tried to kill Shane. The hybrids probably didn't even know who Shane was. Killing people who were not a threat to you or someone you cared about is completely different than killing people who have no idea who you are.

Not to mention some, not all of those vampires that were sired by Kol were probably killing other people because they could. Not all, but some. So in theory, while some innocent people died, some also were saved. Who exactly has this plan of Shane's saved? No one. it called for the deaths of people whom he had never met and people he had no reason to really fear, himself really. And he did it by lying and manipulating people into helping him.

I love the actor. And I like the character of Shane because the show needs someone like him since the writers have screwed up Klaus being the villain so bad and we needed someone like him. But he is the bad / not nice guy on the show opposite Klaus.

Last edited by bonnie51; 02-02-2013 at 04:30 PM