View Single Post
Old 09-30-2005, 08:59 AM
JohnAndKem4Ever
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super_Jas
Obviously I will be alone when I say, I wasn't too fond of the ep. I liked some of the stuff they covered, and how things were treated. That was about it. Danny Glover was awesome..just for the dynamic, nothing really stood out about his character. I mean, his eyes, when he was pleading with Pratt was something. You know, this show gets really amazing actors, and don't really know what to do with them. WOW I sound bitter. But yes. I'm meh.
No, you are not alone!

This episode could have rocked, but once it again it reverted into an Abby is ER deal, with the other characters having to split up the remaining time.

Danny Glover was barely shown in this episode. Even Ray's storyline got less attention than Abby and the vegetarian kid, and Abby and the saleswoman, and Abby and Luka, and Abby and Jake's postcard.

This show is quickly going from a character ensemble, to ER led by Maura Tierney. If this is what the writers want then fine. Just spin Abby off into a different show, and let ER go off the air with some dignity and a return to the quality that characterized the early seasons.

But if they insist on shoving Abby/Tierney down our throats as the focal character, then this show will be off the air in 2 seasons and its epitaph will be that it started out great and ended with a whimper.