View Single Post
Old 12-14-2012, 09:02 PM
Black mamba
Fan Forum Hero

Today I watched "TOW Heckles Dies" and I like Ross and Phoebe scenes in it, with the whole Evolution thing and Ross trying to convince her and getting annoyed that she doesn't believe in all of this And at the end she's the one who makes him agree that may be that theory is wrong lol

Here's some quotes from that episode

Ross: Ok, Pheebs. See how I'm making these little toys move? Opposable thumbs. Without evolution, how do you explain opposable thumbs?
Pheobe: Maybe the overlords needed them to steer their spacecrafts.Ross: Please tell me you're joking.
Phoebe: Look, can't we just say that you believe in something, and I don't.
Ross: No, no, Pheebs, we can't, ok, because--
Phoebe: What is this obsessive need you have to make everyone agree with you? No, what's that all about? I think, I think maybe it's time you put Ross under the microscope.
Ross: Is there blood coming out of my ears?

^ She was really getting him frustrated! LOL

Phoebe: Uh-oh. It’s Scary Scientist Man.
Ross: Ok, Phoebe, this is it. In this briefcase I carry actual scientific facts. A briefcase of facts, if you will. Some of these fossils are over 200 million years old.
Phoebe: Ok, look, before you even start, I’m not denying evolution, ok, I’m just saying that it’s one of the possibilities.
Ross: It’s the only possibility, Phoebe.
Phoebe: Ok, Ross, could you just open your mind like this much, ok? Wasn’t there a time when the brightest minds in the world believed that the world was flat? And, up until like what, 50 years ago, you all thought the atom was the smallest thing, until you split it open, and this like, whole mess of crap came out. Now, are you telling me that you are so unbelievably arrogant that you can’t admit that there’s a teeny tiny possibility that you could be wrong about this?
Ross: There might be, a teeny, tiny, possibility.
Phoebe: I can’t believe you caved.
Ross: What?
Phoebe: You just abandoned your whole belief system. I mean, before, I didn’t agree with you, but at least I respected you. How, how, how are you going to go into work tomorrow? How, how are you going to face the other science guys? How, how are you going to face yourself? Oh! (...) That was fun. So who's hungry?

Poor Ross! Through the whole episode he kept trying to convince her and then at the end when he's actually the one kinda agreeing with her she's acting like she's disappointed that he gave up

Whitney Houston

Greatest Voice Of All

Last edited by Black mamba; 12-14-2012 at 09:10 PM