View Single Post
Old 12-08-2012, 05:32 AM
foxyfreds
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturellebella (View Post)
I can see why Damon wouldn't want to like banish Elena away because to tell her not to have feelings for him at all, doesn't that take away her will too? She had feelings for him before and now he'd telling her not to. That's manipulating her mind too. That's him using his sire bond on her still. I think there has to be a better way to break this bond then telling her to stay away and feel nothing for him when she already did before.
this

I don't really understand people saying Elena was never in love with Damon before. I understand if you don't like it. But she was. Not only did 4x08 tell us this but S3 showed it. If Elena only loved Stefan why would there ever have been a choice to make? Damon would not have stood a shot. So she DID love him as a human. Her attitude to Stefan since then is another debate entirely...but saying that human Elena did not love Damon is just pure denial at this point. Julie said Elena loved him herself. Just because Elena did not say the words herself, does not mean the feelings weren't there. It's called showing, not telling.

Obviously the bond complicates things. But yeah, the feelings were there before.