View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 12:13 PM
TheFairviewHerald
Dedicated Fan

It is really interesting and I like seeing the similarities between the two.

The writers are deliberately showing that if Emily keeps going down this path she will become as "terrible" as Victoria is. They both consciously made the choices to become who they are now, neither is black and white hero and villain. Both know when to play victim and when to pretend it doesn't exist.

I think the writers are making people think a lot more now that we know Victoria's backstory. We know Emily's story, we know enough of Conrad's, but none of what made Victoria tick until Lineage. She is just as damaged as Emily is. Emily's mother tried to kill her, Victoria's framed her for murder, both spent time in juvie or in a mental facility, both had to learn to fend for themselves. Both are out for revenge. Both hurt by men they loved, etc.

In the end, both cannot live without power, Victoria, without the power over others and Emily, without the power to bring others down. Without any ounce of power both over someone or a situation they will crash and burn. They know they have to be on top of the barrel or they will not survive, they physically cannot go back to how they were.

Emily's original motive was for revenge, but at this point she is just doing it because it's easy and to get power in order to help herself feel better about what happened to David. Avenging David is the long term plan but Emily's short term plans are what is going to screw her. Even after she's taken everyone out and Victoria isn't a problem anymore, Emily still won't be happy. She'll have all the power. Victoria has it all now and she's not happy. David wanted Emily to let go she chooses not to, Emily wanted Victoria to tell the truth, Victoria can't.

Both are good at playing the villain and the hero. But Victoria visibly struggles to do the right thing after so long of mixed doings, whereas Emily doesn't even think before playing on the dark side and she visibly doesn't know how to genuinely be good.

It's always really interesting to see the two interact and how alike they are so I'm looking forward to this unholy alliance.

Last edited by TheFairviewHerald; 12-03-2012 at 12:28 PM