View Single Post
Old 12-02-2012, 12:30 PM
CinnamonHummingbird
Extreme Fan

^ I think that's a very twisted topic. As Barbara Hershey is talking about the view of Cora, you can safely say that she - Cora - believes she's a good person and reaches the right decision. Just as RC explained it in his latest interview, that the evil people don't consider themselves as being "evil" in the first place by hurting others or damaging lives for reaching their allegedly noble goals or trying to succeed in creating happiness, for themselves or for others. I believe that you can transfer this aspect on every villain we have on the show. In Cora's case it's actually quite manifest, even though kind of creepy when you think about how she could embrace her daughter after a long time of seperation, as if nothing happened and Regina is all stunned and afraid ...
We met Cora as an overly selfish but as it seems to me excessively dedicated mother ("dedicated" - because she always decided the paths of Regina's life and allegorically in which direction the branches should grow, because she believed it was for her daughters good, but also for her own) , who doesn't intend to hurt her daughter in the first place, but wants her - actually forces her - to have a life of wealth that she could never have and thus confuses of what's actually within the meaning of her daughter's well-being and her own megalomaniac visions...