View Single Post
Old 11-25-2012, 01:44 PM
Nikki K
Elite Fan

Well, I mean it was a very very distant cousin. I can look up the relationship if you give me a second.

Well Sancia died in between 1504 and 1506 (not entirely sure about the DOD), Cesare died in 1507, Joffre and Vanozza died in 1518 and Lucrezia died in 1519. Okay, let me look up Maria de Mila. (I hope we get to see her, well on Borgia I bet we get a shot at that.).

Okay, here it goes on Maria de Mila -- we do remember Adriana de Mila (played by Andrea Sawatzki on 'Borgia') so that was this part of the family.

So Rodrigo's mother was Isabella and she had a sister named Catalina who married one Juan de Milá, Baron de Masavalés. They had two children: Luis Juan (who became Cardinal along with Rodrigo when their uncle Alonso became Pope Calixtus III) and Pedro who married Cubella Dolce. The two of them had five children:

(1) Juan de Milà, Baron von Masalaves ∞ Isabella-Lucrezia de Borgia Llançol de Romanì
(2) Adriana de Milà ∞ Ludovico Orsini, their only son Orsino married Giulia Farnese
(3) Luis de Milà (probably a cleric or died early)
(4) Caterina de Milà ∞ Gasparo, Count of Procida and Aversa
(5) Jaime de Milà, Comte d'Albaida ∞ Leonor de Aragón, their only daughter was Maria who married Joffre ... so through all the twisted inbreding she was a distant cousin of both Joffre and Sancia.

And here goes my evening lesson.

So you see it wasn't that close of a family relationship. His grandmother was her great-grandmother's sister.

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Nikki K is offline   Reply With Quote