View Single Post
Old 11-21-2012, 01:39 PM
Aurielle
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxoChloe (View Post)
I agree, I'm sure he was being sarcastic, hence the demo singer's reaction. I think most people, regardless of whether they are in the industry or not, know that virtually no one could out sing Whitney. That's pretty interesting info about the lip syncing though. I remember reading how she didn't believe in it, and I know that took a huge toll on her voice in the end. That's why I hate when people say she "lost" her voice because of other things when people don't realize she is one of the few singers who almost always sang live. That in itself is damaging considering her 20+ year career.
I think that is why i find it hard to like female singers because i always comapare them to Whitney Houston. I mean no other singer has ever, ever given me chills when i listen to them sing, like Whitney Hosuton. The songs "all the man i need" & " I love the Lord", just to name a few; listen to those songs and you'll know there is not a singer in the world like her today.

Not to discredit anyone, 2nd to Whitney is Celine Dione IMO. She sings well, but WH is in a class of her own.