View Single Post
Old 11-17-2012, 04:36 PM
AchrisL
Dedicated Fan

This is not the report that I saw on the network's NY channel last night. This was well done, unlike the sloppy, cynical editing job that was put together and broadcast in the NY market. That one had inaccuracies and did not convey the sense that he cared about Whitney, which we know he did. It downplayed their connection, and made it seem like the family dragged him onto that pulpit to do the tribute.

So Kala, maybe you saw a different version of the same footage that CBS shot and distributed to their affiliates. This is good! It just goes to show you that the New York market is:

a.) tone deaf and tin-eared to the connection these two had, or

b.) just plain mean.

Overall, I liked the L.A. market's edit best. I especially loved what Kevin said about the tribute speech: "It's the story of us." Isn't that beautiful? It almost sounds like the title of a romance novel. Or a fanfic.

Quote:
Kevin has said in several interviews that as soon as Dione asked him to speak, he didn't hesitate, he said yes. To me he seems humble and grateful that her family thought highly of him, asking him to speak at whitney's funeral. He has never given the impression that WH's family begged him to speak at her funeral....All the wonderful things he had been saying about Whitney in public wasn't a request from her family. He did so because he loved her and her family never forgot how KIND & RESPECTFUL kevin has been to Whitney when she was alive. It was just right that they asked him to speak because they knew he had GENUINE LOVE for WH.[/[B]

And this was my issue with the NY-market report, Aurielle. They specifically said Dionne made a final plea to Kevin, on behalf of the family, to speak. The NY-market took the footage and botched it.

+++++++++

Thanks Gobsmacked. I hope the whole interview with Kevin came through. I would appreciate someone letting me know.

How's all my wonderful friends?