View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 01:56 PM
spunks
Extreme Fan

Excellent episode. Stephen Nathan deserves kudos for the wonderful writing on a very sensitive subject. I agree it was a bit preachy, especially the part where Aristoo is telling off Finn, but I know that speech was more for the benefit of the audience---that we shouldn't judge people by their religion, so it was worthwhile to hear. I loved the chemistry among the squinterns---the way they started off not wanting to work as a team, especially Fisher, and then how it ended up being Fisher who brought them all together. They are all excellent actors, and it was great to see them together for a change. I also loved hearing how 9/11 had affected each of them---Cam's story was especially moving. My husband made an interesting comment; we got to know everyone's story on 9/11, except for Booth's. Or did I miss that? And yes, I agree, this episode also made me think back to where I was when I heard the terrible news.

Overall brilliant episode---the ending especially caught me by surprise--Brennan's emotional reaction, how she had kept those feelings inside all those years because she felt she had nobody to share them with. She has grown so much as a character. Seeing how much she loves Booth really made me tear up. There were several points in the episode where I teared up in fact. As long as this show can still make me get that emotional, it has plenty of life left in it. As for the ratings, yeah it was disappointing that they went down a bit, this episode really deserved better. Maybe they'll go up in the final numbers, and hopefully, they'll really jump in the DVR results.
spunks is offline   Reply With Quote