View Single Post
Old 11-09-2012, 11:10 AM
‘ChelsღChina
Elite Fan

Amelia has no credibility with me as a character whatsoever! And that all starts with her not being credible at her job. I think she's a bad vet which makes her less credible as a person. So when she's telling us that her husband died in a war, the question I have is, why should we believe her?

Dean: “Or how about running around with Samuel for a whole year, letting me think that you were dead while you were doing all kinds of crazy, Those aren’t mistakes, Sam, those are choices!"

I can't believe I'm going to take a minute to defend Sam here but I'm going to. Sam did make a choice, even while soulless, to not let his brother know that he was out of Lucifer's cage. But he's not the only one who made that choice. Bobby also made that choice. Bobby chose to not let Dean know his brother was alive despite Dean's best efforts to get Sam out.

It's hard for me to think about that level of betrayal in a real way, but if my brother who I had thought died was actually living it up in some other town and decides to blow back in a year later and tell me he's still alive because he needs my help, I'd certainly feel betrayed. And if my surrogate father knew that my brother was fine and kept that from me, I'd feel betrayed by him too.

We know Bobby knows about loss because he lost his wife. Just image the pain Bobby went through the year after his love died. And if another hunter knew that his wife was still alive and didn't say anything and just let him grieve like that...Bobby would never forgive the guy.

But here he does that to Dean. Bobby made the choice that Dean was better off without the comfort of knowing that his brother was okay just because Bobby thought that Dean would be happier out of that lifestyle.

I don't even know if I would have thought of all of this if it wasn't for Bobby being mentioned a bunch of times in this episode.

What I'm saying is this: The choice that Sam made while soulless, is the same choice that Bobby made with his full soul in tact. But Sam gets all the blame for that? There's plenty of blame to go around here and it shouldn't be put on one man's shoulders.
-Safe
‘ChelsღChina is offline   Reply With Quote