View Single Post
Old 11-03-2012, 08:14 AM
Tracie76
Elite Fan

I don't know if Juliana was going to do the 50th? She did this OP and did a great job

I've come to realize especially after this episode. The writers are not writing for ZG. Not at all. This season is the perfect example of it. That is why episodes like the past were such a WTF. I mean we got some ZG in the first episode and even this. But actually it was all the same crap. Basically her speech was the same thing. And when they were together in this episode he was sleepwalking. Again not reality.

So this season we've had 5 episodes:

1: Definitely triangle. George running around spouting off pretty speeches about dreams and being perfect together. Zoe chasing after Wade to get his feelings on the situation. Zoe ends with telling George to go away and wait for the magical stars. And then ends up back with Wade and in bed.

2: Zoe spends the majority of the episode with Wade. GZ got one scene where once again George talks about bettering himself (by fishing and drinking ?) Sure we got that Zoe was jealous but the writers made sure to show that it was Wade AND George. And at the end we got some movement on Zoe and Wade even though it was him deciding to push her away. Oh I almost forgot the 2nd ZG scene where they appeared like nothing but buddies. That is how much it interested me. :/

3. Awesome amazing ZW episode. And once again movement for ZW forward. ZG nothing but 1 scene where they were more friends than anything.

4. Again great episode for ZW that actually resulted in a big step forward. ZG nothing at all. He is dating and she doesn't even mention him.

5. Amazingly adorable ZW scenes where he is very much acting like her boyfriend. She relies on him to do small things for her. Again very couply. She just expects him to help her with George. We clearly see that Wade has feelings for her and is jealous and willing to fight for her. George walks around in a dream state where Zoe is his girlfriend. And once again we have to be reminded that Zoe is hung up on George. (I'm beginning to think they have to keep stating this to remind the viewers, Zoe, and the writers because we may have all actually happily forgotten about it) At the end of the episode ZG made more progress in George's dream than in reality. Sure ZW didn't make any progress this episode either and maybe a small step back. I'm actually ok with that because I don't want them to move along too fast. There has to be some bumps in the road. So essentially at the end of this episode ZG is still where they were at the end of 1 and ZW are still way ahead as far as interesting and story line. And even though we got a lot of crap thrown at ZW to knock the relationship back a bit we still were SHOWN that they have progressed. If that makes sense?

So to me it is looking like the writers are just throwing ZG out there every now and then to remind us that Zoe has feelings for him and essentially as a roadblock to ZW. Which at this point is just irritating. I mean if they want to do ZG do it please. The reasons behind them not being together are just thin and lame. And the fact that they once again have nothing of which to build on is starting to look stupid and in no way supports the fact that we are being told that they are soul mates and have to think of the long game. I mean their connection is so magical that they don't have to interact at all? There is just so much there that they don't even need to speak or think about the other?

So yes at this point it is just frustrating to me when they randomly throw ZG in and insult our intelligence as viewers when they aren't showing us anything to support it. And I get more pissed when I read comments from people who I swear aren't watching the same show. I don't even care that they like ZG. But please don't try to spin something that isn't there or actually deny stuff that we are being shown in regards to ZW.

Hell so far this season they've done a better job writing for George and Lemon than ZG. I'd believe George and Lemon would end up back together before I believe that ZG are soulmates. Heck I'd buy Wade or Brick being George's soul mate over Zoe.