View Single Post
Old 10-16-2012, 10:10 PM
FrannyLuvsAll
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarlettOHara (View Post)
She's lying to him because if she told him he truth, he'd go ape sh** and kill Otto or hurt him in some way and that would just lead to more RICO or other charges. She's protecting him and the club. And no, I don't see her getting on her knees for Otto even for Jax. Maggie has talked about how part of Tara's journey this season is seeing how she reacts in her role as Queen when her family is threatened (Abel via Wendy) and the club is threatened (via Otto and RICO). This isn't about her not being truthful or pure or good because reallly, Tara was never really those things. She's always had a darker underbelly that was tamed by her intelligence and her life outside of Charming. Underneath the veneer of civility and grace, she's still the angry, damaged 16 year old who fell for the local Biker Prince and got herself marked as an Old Lady of an outlaw biker gang. In the end, she's going to use that keen mind of her's to rise up and protect what's her's. Not her mouth. JMHO
^^^ Agreed!

I also think that eventually J/T end up spilling their guts to one another. I was half surprised when Jax turned back that he asked Tara to the cabin, instead of telling her what had transpired that day. I think there is also a part of Tara that wants to prove to Jax she can be useful in this new role. It seemed to me, although I could be totally off point, that she wanted him to feel secure in her handling the situation. I don't think she wants to disappoint him. And really, Tara must have an endgame. She's too smart to not be trying to scheme their way out of this life. Maybe that means playing along for awhile.

And not to bring Gemma into the discussion (because I feel completely done with her at the moment), but I think some part of the reason she always had such issues with Tara's return is in how Tara acted: like she was better than Gemma and above the Club. Like Jax, Gemma also holds some of Tara's past, and the part of Tara drawing her to Jax and the outlaw lifestyle is the part Gemma remembers best. The Tara who returned to Charming educated and respectable is the woman she's tried to be, but Tara can't help the girl she used to be. I think what will be great about this season is watching how she'll marry these two parts of herself without losing one completely.