Old 01-27-2004, 10:47 PM
Brown Eyes
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by bigspam:
<STRONG>
\
Using XP negates all my ideas... [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
Have you tried using the 512 with just one of your 256 sticks to see if it recognises the total as 768?
The trouble may simply be that the sticks all have differant latencys or some other slight incompatability with the DIMMs. Its always best to use the same brand etc. I noted the manual didn't have a page showing suggested DIMM placements. I know the Soyo and Asus manuals do and they have particular arrangements with differant sized sticks.

I'll see if I can find more info</STRONG>
My manual (Asus M-B) has the placement shown and that doesn't work. I tried the different configurations you mentioned, but only #1 socket is reconized. Doesn't matter which brand or size is in #1. All I can think of is maybe a disconnect happened between socket #2 and the M-B; something went to open when I removed and moved the two original 216s to #s 2 & 3 and placed the new 512 to the #1 socket.

However, the little info program at www.cpuz.com (ver 1.21 downloaded onto my pc) reads the Brand, Type and Size for each DIMM 1 through 3 for the memory area. That doesn't sound like anything is wrong.

Anyway, thanks for the help. I may be time for me to look for that dual cpu mainboard. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]