Thread: Clarks age?
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2004, 04:14 PM
Candygirl
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by PepperjackCandy:
<STRONG>Actually, the Smallvillians are "old for their age." Most HS freshmen turn 15, not 16, in their freshman years, assuming they turn 6 in kindergarten.

However, Lana turned 16 in S1, when she was a freshman, and Chloe obviously was 16 by the end of the year, since she was driving, and isn't a "farm kid" and thus doesn't have the farm permit exemption thing going for her.

As for Clark, he could be as young as 15 (driving on a farm permit), but since Jonathan let/made Clark take the truck and didn't reject the truck on Clark's behalf, he could have been 16 or even 18.</STRONG>
I'm not sure that them driving is the way to determine their age. I think that was simply an adjustment made because the plot called for it. The writers needed a way for Chloe to go investigating, Clark to get to Lex's etc so they let them all drive. It's more plausible that they're driving early than that they're all a year behind the rest of the country.

Besides, being from a very small farming town, I can tell you that the driving laws are often very loosely applied. Since some kids gets farm permits, the cops don't usually pull people just for looking younger.