View Single Post
Old 09-20-2012, 06:34 PM
mary ksand
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina95 (View Post)
I knew my BB was gonna answer my post That's the point. These two weren't even supposed to last, the producers only knew they wanted ross/rachel to end up together (ironically, these two are the ones who ended up being a suckfest instead), and that they wanted monica to have a fling with joey or maybe chandler.
They made this couple up out of nowhere and it worked so perfectly. Everything about them felt so real, especially because it's something that the writers built over time without even realizing it, and when these two got together, they proved to be soulmates, way more than many "previously planned couples" are.
Exactly, bb You summed it up perfectly. And I just couldn't NOT answer to your post even though I was in fever yesterday and barely understood what I typed, because your posts are as flawless as yourself

I don't have anything against couples that were planned out from the start if they are written well and their story is handled in a convincing or at least consistent manner, but I don't think it would have worked so well for Monica/Chandler had they been that type of pairing because the show itself focused on a lot of other things outside of romantic relationships and clearly it was the right choice because the show entitled Friends was supposed to be about friendship first and foremost with romance being a secondary storyline. And this is how I think Monica and Chandler managed to end up being such a great pairing: it was impossible to question their bond as friends as the point when they got together and the level of trust they developed through the years only made them stronger in addition to how organically their personalities fitted into each other.

And since I'm doing an OTH rewatch right now, I have to say:

OTH/making me want things haha, but I'm completely innocent in my desires. I want all of Peyton's supplies that she uses to create her art and draw her pictures, plus I really want Haley's clothes and thank god I don't know how to play musical instruments because if I did I would want them too.

icon: swanspirate@tumblr